- Coordinating advocacy and outreach across all campaigns and projects, and between campaign, communications and development teams.
- Researching and writing campaign reports, policy briefings and digital content; ensuring factual accuracy, clarity, and alignment with agreed strategies and goals.
- Coordinating staff and volunteers and ensuring agreed deadlines and budgets are met; mentoring staff and providing guidance and feedback.
- Analysing policy and regulatory developments and making recommendations for future goals, strategies and workflows.
- Identifying new opportunities, events and partnerships to present EJF’s campaigns, and representing EJF to multiple audiences (including government and industry).
- Planning, agreeing and overseeing implementation of work programmes with team members that fit the ambition of agreed strategies and goals.
- Participating in the Senior Management Team, reporting on progress and plans and presenting issues relating to capacity, resources and future needs and opportunities.
Essential skills and experience:
- Superb communicator – in writing and in person.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Educated to degree-level (preferably higher degree) in a relevant discipline.
- Sound knowledge and interest in EJF’s core issue-areas.
- Campaign and advocacy experience in the not-for-profit sector.
- Proactive, friendly, solution-oriented, and highly-organised, able to multi-task and respond rapidly to new opportunities or needs.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Media relations and digital content publication.
- Second language.
- Photographic or video skills.
- Field research and extensive overseas travel.
Applications: Please send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 23rd August 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No other communications please. No agencies.
Candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK.
EJF is an equal opportunities employer, committed to diversity within the workplace.
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAILS AND STAY UP TO DATE WITH EJF'S NEWS AND EVENTS
By subscribing to our newsletter, you ensure that you will stay up-to-date with latest news on our work and our campaigns, as well as how you have been part of achieving those goals. We carefully select what goes into our emails so that you will only receive relevant and interesting news about our campaigns. We will let you know when we have exposed a critical environmental issue or uncovered human rights abuses. We will ask you to get involved when your actions can make a difference, and we look forward to inviting you to our events.