The Digital Campaigner will have the creative talent and determination to identify and push EJF news and impact across multiple digital platforms, creating opportunities to build EJF’s visibility and reach. An ability to identify the right news for the right platforms that will engage and inform new audiences will be key. The role will cut across the campaigns, linking opportunities to generate income from individual donors, ethical partnerships and bespoke projects and events.
We'd like to hear from you if you are highly motivated and have a range of skills including first class communication and copywriting skills, outstanding organisational abilities and a creative mind able to turn EJF’s news from campaigns and projects into digital actions and long-term impact. This is a challenging but hugely rewarding and exciting role, with opportunities for career growth. Above all, it is the role for you if you have the passion and determination to make a difference for people and our shared planet.
The Digital Campaigner will:
- Greatly expand the reach and impact of EJF’s work, developing the ‘brand’ and visibility, and generating active support and income for the campaigns.
- Work with the EJF international team to research and create compelling and superbly-written content for multiple different audiences across the major digital platforms, including creating blogs and web content. The Digital Campaigner will work with the film team, ensuring that content is cost-efficient and effective in driving impact.
- Lead on supporter engagement and uplift, building both the number of individual donors regularly supporting EJF’s work, as well as the donations that they give in order to meet strategic targets.
- Develop the online engagement (such as petitions, letter-writing and consumer actions) that generate substantial support for our goals.
- Participate in EJF events and identify ways to involve our supporters (individuals, celebrities, partners, donors) and show how they help secure impact.
- Ensure that EJF’s presence on web and digital platforms is optimised for audiences, making strategic recommendations for improvements and efficiencies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum of 3-years digital campaign experience.
- Proven experience creating and running campaigns across major digital platforms.
- Excellent copywriting skills and the ability to identify a ‘good story’, finding new ways to engage EJF’s campaigners and share our work in the UK, Europe and internationally.
- Experience working with different CMS, alongside knowledge of the latest digital trends and tools, and analytics used to track output performance and user journeys.
- Understanding of how to develop and implement digital strategies.
- Great attention to detail and factual accuracy.
- Demonstrable experience with income generation from digital campaigns, including building and sustaining donations from individuals.
- Reliable, determined, self-motivated, resourceful and able to work effectively with a small, dynamic team.
- Outstanding organisational skills, able to work quickly to deliver digital content, including responding to news and opportunities, and prioritise under tight deadlines.
- Experience managing and developing websites
- Experience using Adobe creative suites
- Understanding of SEO techniques
- Knowledge of Mailchimp and Campaignion
- Proficiency in German, French or other language of a key EU Member State
If this sounds like you, please apply by sending your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating where you saw the advert.
No other communication or calls, please. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 5pm 24th August 2019 although we reserve the right to close applications before this deadline if the right candidate is found
SIGN UP FOR OUR EMAILS AND STAY UP TO DATE WITH EJF'S NEWS AND EVENTS
By subscribing to our newsletter, you ensure that you will stay up-to-date with latest news on our work and our campaigns, as well as how you have been part of achieving those goals. We carefully select what goes into our emails so that you will only receive relevant and interesting news about our campaigns. We will let you know when we have exposed a critical environmental issue or uncovered human rights abuses. We will ask you to get involved when your actions can make a difference, and we look forward to inviting you to our events.